Do you know someone who has done an outstanding job serving the children of Oregon? Have you worked with an amazing Oregon librarian, author, or educator who has made an impact on the children of Oregon or children's literature? Nominate that person for the Evelyn Sibley Lampman award!
The Evelyn Sibley Lampman Award is presented annually by the Children's Services Division of the Oregon Library Association at the OLA Annual Conference. The award is given in memory of Evelyn Sibley Lampman (1907-1980), noted Oregon teacher, journalist, and author of children’s books.
Nomination eligibility requirements are as follows:
· The person shall reside principally in Oregon
· The award shall be given for personal accomplishments to recognize the individual's contribution and shall not be conferred upon an individual representing the accomplishments of many
· Only living persons may be considered for the award
Please include the following in the award submissions:
· Nominee's name
· Nominee's title, address, phone, and email address
· Description of the nominee's significant and lasting contributions over the years that have benefited the children of Oregon
· Letters of support are welcome and helpful
Nominations for the award shall be accepted from Children's Division members, OLA members and members of the Lampman Award Committee. Current Lampman Committee members are not eligible to be nominated.
Please send all nomination materials to Carrie Kasperick at firstname.lastname@example.org or to attention: Carrie Kasperick, Monmouth Public Library, PO Box 10, Monmouth, OR 97361. Nominations will be accepted until Jan. 15, 2018.
Don't miss a beat! Stay current with kids-lib, CSD's electronic mailing list.