Leadership Institute of the Oregon Library Association (LIOLA) 2023 July 23 - 25, 2023
The Leadership Institute of the Oregon Library Association (LIOLA) is happening this year.
In-person at the Silver Falls Conference Center:
and virtual (90 minute sessions):
In response to feedback from former participants and OLA’s needs, this year's Institute will focus on Leadership through an EDI lens.
- Current membership in OLA
- Current employment in a library
- Employment in a library setting for at least three years
- One (1) professional letter of reference
- Attend and participate fully in the entire institute, complete any pre-institute readings and/or homework, and contribute to post-institute assessment and meetings
Applications open May 1. Notification of status of applicants will be June 10.
Please feel free to contact Jane Corry with questions.
Library workers who are members of OLA and have worked in libraries for 3 or more years (join here).
The Institute costs $1000 and a letter of recommendation. Scholarships are available.
Leadership Institute of the Oregon Library Association (LIOLA)
Where and When:
A hybrid of in-person and online. In-person at the Conference Center at Silver Falls State Park followed by 3 online sessions on August 9, September 13 and 27th.
Leadership is learned not innate to some special individuals. Increase your leadership skills in a supportive environment, gain a network of fellow leaders from throughout the state. Access mentors who will help guide you in your growth. In response to the expressed desires of library workers throughout Oregon, we will be learning leadership skills through an EDI lens. We are thrilled to have Christina Fuller-Gregory (she/her/hers) a librarian, and experienced Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Social Justice practitioner as the facilitator. She was named one of 2021 Library Journal's Movers and Shakers.
- Link to our webpage with the new LIOLA link: https://www.olaweb.org/leadership-committee-home
- LIOLA webpage: https://www.olaweb.org/liola-2023
- Application link: https://www.olaweb.org/liola-app-2023
Apply for LIOLA 2023.
Applicant Reference Letter can be uploaded here.
she, her, hers
City of Newport
Newport Public Library
Leave a Reply.
Best Of 2020
Diversity & Inclusion
Oregon Library Presenters Directory
Take And Makes
Year End Roundup
Youth Services Summit